At Countertop Raleigh, we are proud to offer its customers the leading quartz surface alternatives to natural stone. The premier brands of Caesarstone™, Zodiaq™ by Dupont, Silestone™ and Cambria™ contain a wide complement of colors in the highly desired quartz countertop category.
Individually, each product range provides a completely consistent and uniform alternative to the range of natural granite. In addition, quartz surfaces come in an array of muted and vivid colors, in excess of the natural tones of granite.
Fabricated in exactly the same manner as granite, quartz offers exceptional hardness and heat resistance*, without the need for maintenance sealant and the security of manufacturer’s warranties on performance and durability.
Pros & Cons of Quartz Countertops
- Quartz stone offers all advantages of natural stone, durability, hardness and beauty.
- Engineered and quartz stones are easier to maintain than granite or marble.
- They are not porous so won’t house bacteria or viruses and they don’t need to be sealed like granite countertops.
- Quartz don’t easily chip or crack and seams are less obvious than granite.
- There are more range of colors and more affordable than granite.
- The warranty on most quartz countertops is 10 to 15 years. Most granite countertops only offer one year warranty.
- They don’t possess quite the same level of natural beauty that granite or marble materials do. But they are very attractive.
- They can be fairly expensive, because of advanced manufacturing process and high quality of long lasting materials.